Tuesday 2 September 2014

Perfect weather for pussies

I'm not sure what's been in the air, but the kittehs have come out in full force. I not been doing many 'walks' (mostly mail) recently, but 'drives' (predominantly parcels), which tend to be less conducive to seeing streetmogs. However, they have been everywhere and so here are seven more for your pussying pleasure. I must have spotted another three or four but didn't get a chance to execute a stop & snap. It still surprises me that, despite having driven & plodded these streets for two and a half years, I am still meeting new ones. There must be THOUSANDS in Wimbledon alone. Bless them all.

Streetmog number: 343
Streetmog name: Fulwoody
Actual name:
Location: Car park & assorted flower beds
Preferred stroke: Under chin scrunch
Character: Mischievous
Other: This handsome fellow was a bit of a showman and led me a merry dance as he wandered towards and then away from me, finally setting among some fragrant flower beds.



Streetmog number: 344
Streetmog name: Levana
Actual name:
Location: Car park
Preferred stroke:
Character: Skit
Other: Levana had a think about coming over to say hello, but her nerves got the better of her and she skuttled away, revealing her docked rear end in the process.


Streetmog number: 345
Streetmog name: Minty
Actual name:
Location: The road
Preferred stroke:
Character: Insecure
Other: This sleek blackie was a ball of energy but wouldn't get close enough for some fussing. At one point she took a liking to the van and I had to ensure she'd cleared off before I drove away.



Streetmog number: 346
Streetmog name: Swanton
Actual name:
Location: Shut outside (a block of flats)
Preferred stroke:
Character: Desperate
Other: This poor little thing was making a right racket outside the door. I wasn't sure if I should let her in...but I did...and we enjoyed a little hello before she darted up the stairs in search of her front door and happier times.


Streetmog number: 347
Streetmog name: Victoria
Actual name:
Location: Street
Preferred stroke: Behind head scruncher (see pic)
Character: Hedonist
Other: The happiest, friendliest & cuddliest mog of the day. Tabbies often are. She lapped up my attention and affection, and followed me around while I went about my package delivery business.


Streetmog number: 348
Streetmog name:
Actual name: Toulouse
Location: Front path/porch/garden
Preferred stroke: Chin rub
Character: Inquisitive
Other: Now then, it was a great to meet Toulouse and Torbi because I had met, many times before, the third resident cat Mogwai (whose actual name is Tango!). I had a lovely chat with their owner and was lucky enough to win Toulouse's affections, which was apparently a rare thing for strangers. I got the cat touch.


Streetmog number: 349
Streetmog name:
Actual name: Torbi
Location: Same as above
Preferred stroke:
Character: Wary
Other: What a gorgeous, gorgeous thing. I was smitten with this beautiful British blue, and have decided that one day I would like to own such a cat. He was a bit nervy and wouldn't let me get close for any fussing, which was a shame, but it was great to see all three cats together.




Unfortunately, Tango left the picture...


3 comments:

  1. I wish you would put these posts on Facebook so I could 'Like' them! Super photos, and what a very varied household of cats made up of the last three! J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can like them just by being here and enjoying! Share the blog on your fb page by all means...

      Delete
  2. TERRIFIC as always! I'm going to miss this blog but hope it stays here for reference :))

    ReplyDelete