Monday 15 April 2013

Blue sky grey cat

Back on the plod today after a couple of wonderful soul-restoring days in the Lake District. I was glad to be back up on the lovely Wimbledon Common - the sun was out, the temperature was up, the mail bag wasn't too heavy, the van radio was playing some good tunes, and life felt decent. Two kids on scooters yelled out "Hello postman pat" to me as I drove past, and I even saw Boris Becker. Next time I'll ask him if he owns a cat and if he'd like it featured on the blog - it could be the first celebrity streetmog.

Streetmog number: 146
Streetmog name: Old Copper Eyes
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Flower pots
Preferred stroke: Tummy tickle
Character: Strumpet
Other: This beautiful British Shorthair (I'm developing a mild thirst for some basic cat breed knowledge) appeared from behind a garden fence and proved to be a wonderfully friendly and affectionate mog. He had such a loving disposition and wasted no time in hitting the tarmac in search of a serious tummy rub, which I duly administered. A stunning kitty. I covet him.




3 comments:

  1. Oh wow.. what a beautiful boy!
    Glad you had a nice time away

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like an amazing lap cat/cuddle bunny. I bet he's velvet to touch. Glad the Lake District restored your inner kitty!

    ReplyDelete