Thursday 3 October 2013

Lincoln back, streetmogs abound

Following the previous post, the heart is lighter and happiness abounds (Lincoln returned home two nights ago, as most of you will know from all the tweeting). So, no more personal mog stories; normal service has resumed and it's all about those cheeky cats from SW19.

Streetmog number: 251
Streetmog name: Biggles
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Garden bench
Preferred stroke: Head scrunch
Character: Vociferous
Other: Biggles is the noisiest mog I've met since Streetmogs began. His incessant miaow, if you could call it that, was hilarious and most endearing. It was low, rumbling and continuous, reminding me of a fog horn and that is precisely what I was going to call him - but I decided that would be silly. He was a gorgeous bean, of looks and character, and we enjoyed some good old fashioned fussing.




Streetmog number: 252
Streetmog name: Yeti
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Verdant clumps
Preferred stroke:
Character: Scaredy
Other: Yeti was in the very same spot where I have spotted two entirely different mogs; it must hold some special allure to these kitties. She was as timid as the others, and would let me get no closer, which was a shame as I would dearly loved to have got cuddly with this furry, blue eyed wonder.


Streetmog number: 253
Streetmog name: Five spice
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Drive
Preferred stroke:
Character: Timid tortie
Other: Try as I did to win this lovely tortie over with some classic cat cooing, she wasn't having it. This was a shame, as she looked ripe for a cuddle. As I was preparing to drive off, she nonchalantly wandered across in front of my little red van to seek out other pussy pastures (i.e. go under a parked car).



Streetmog number: 254
Streetmog name: Cupcake
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Under car
Preferred stroke:
Character: Nervy
Other: Cupcake was small and sweet, as her name suggests. I spotted her whilst out delivering Amazon things in my favourite Wombleton road but, like Five Spice, she wouldn't allow me to get close, let alone entertain the idea of some petting. This was a shame, as it would have been nice. I would also liked to have eaten a cupcake at this point. I get hungry doing this job, you know.
















Streetmog number: 255
Streetmog name: Ariel
Actual name:
Favourite Location: At the gate
Preferred stroke:
Character: Stand-offish
Other: I have just realised that four out of these five mogs were timid paws, which is unusual as I have great faith in my cat whispering abilities. Ariel was initially showing signs of being sociable but soon fled through her lovely green gate when I approached. Her loss, and mine.

.


I also met a couple of old cat chums, Bolt and Snuffaluffagus who did not disappoint with their affectionate play and all round loveliness.

Please play some more, postie
I am more beautiful than you, and we both know it.



8 comments:

  1. Thrilled thrilled thrilled and desperately happy for you! yeay! Much relief I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pleased Lincoln is back - Yeti looks a darling if you could get near her. As for Bolt and Snuffaluffagus... I'd take em both home if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind comments. It's wonderful to have Lincoln back and to meet mogs without it making me glum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased that your puss is back :) I hope he is very ashamed of himself for making you worry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad Lincoln has returned and you can now get back to being a guardian. My cat was gone for 9 days, locked in a neighbours garage, so relief was plentiful when I heard his little cry beside the house and his little black face running towards me. I am sure if Lincoln could speak he would have a story to tell you! You must be relieved that he is well and I am sure he is oblivious to the stress and worry you have suffered. He will soon be back to his normal routine of being in charge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So glad Lincoln returned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news! Welcome home Lincoln, you naughty fellow.

    ReplyDelete