Monday 25 March 2013

Stuff your burrito

I can honestly say that today (Saturday) was the coldest, windiest, wettest, ugliest and least enjoyable (read miserable) day out on the round I've ever experienced. Horizontal, wet snow together with an ill-timed, burdensome and annoying mail-shot for EVERY door for a free bloody burrito, made for a tough outing. Curse you, Chipotle restaurant! Think of the poor posties who have to deliver your unwanted junk. Anyway, here's to an end to this stubborn winter - I for one am in dire need of warmer temperatures and some soul-restoring sunshine - and here's Maisy:

Streetmog number: 137
Streetmog name: Maisy
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Sofa back
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Worldly wise
Other: I'd seen Maisy a couple of days before, along the pavement in front of me; having traveled almost the entire street, I caught her up but she went straight indoors (lucky mog) so I missed the photo op. This time, however, there she sat for all the passing world to see, proud atop her dedicated kitty paw print blanket and content to be inside, protected from the foul weather.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Gareth
    I’ve been reading – and thoroughly enjoying - your blog for a while but just had to sympathise with your heartfelt comments about a) the weather and b) mail-shots – what a combination, I can only say that I feel your pain. I’m a part-time postie myself and following the Streetmogs has made me look out for the cats on my own round – you seem to have a whole load more felines up there in Wimbledon. Anyway keep up the great work – and yes, let’s hope Spring is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello south coast postie (and I hope you're a Pompey fan btw)
      Thanks for your great message and empathy, and it's nice to know that more than a couple of posties follow the blog. I might have to start inviting guest mog photo submissions from fellow posties...perhaps a natural development!? Btw I tend to see a lot of cats as I'm never on one particular walk.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Caroline, I'm glad you like it. I enjoy writing it (as much as I enjoy meeting the mogs!)

      Delete