Thursday 14 February 2013

Feline Valentine

That's a crap title but hey I'm tired. One and a half mogs today; one was not interested in a greeting let alone a meeting, whilst the other put on an affectionate display of head and back rubbing. Read on, streetmog lovers...

Streetmog number: 117
Streetmog name: Slinky
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Distant
Preferred stroke:
Character: Total skit
Other: Slinky appeared from one side of a car park, crossed over, and then swiftly disappeared to the other side. He was in no mood to stop, despite my best cat-attracting efforts. It's a pity I didn't manage to get the camera out in time, as he was a most handsome fellow. Sociable or not, Slinky is still a great cat. They all are. Cats are great. And I'm sure he's a truly affectionate puss, once settled at home with friends.


Streetmog number: 118
Streetmog name: Truffle
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Garden wall
Preferred stroke: Back rub
Character: Poseur
Other: Truffle was a blue eyed beauty, with a wonderful character to complement those equally wonderful markings. He was an exhibitionist too, flaunting his good looks with a succession of self-administered back scratches and head rubs. He was happy to be fussed over, which was nice. I had been informed (by possibly the greatest postman in the world, big Colin) that many mogs frequent this street and it was great to finally get the chance to meet one. I'll be back again one day soon, of that I am sure. And Colin, one day soon you might actually read Streetmogs!






2 comments:

  1. Hello, I have just recently discovered your Streetmogs page through reading about you in my Cat Magazine. I love the pics and your related blogs! I was wondering if you ever check with Cats Protection or any of the other charities in your area to see if any of the cats who look a bit 'stray' are posted there as lost? (as I read some past blogs and remember a comment you had made about one lovely ginger fellow) You are in a perfect position to see cats on the street who might be homeless. I was just wondering. Thank you so much for the wonderful photos and articles. It's wonderful to see someone take the time to do this for the cats and us human slaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.I check some online listings if I think a cat might be a stray or lost! I always check the posters that are often stuck on lamp posts too... Glad you're enjoying the blog :)

    ReplyDelete