Wednesday 30 January 2013

Cat-trick

Three more mogs for the blog, which puts the Streetmog tally on the cusp of the big one hundred. Ninety nine mogs, and each one a delight. That number could easily have been surpassed today, as I spotted another three but they all appeared at once and were way too quick. So, a veritable plethora of felines which can only be put down to the rise in temperature, and with that my optimism for discovering new mogs for many months to come remains high. Creativity is lacking right now, so accept my apologies for the tacky use of Les Miserables names. At least they're of the moment.

Streetmog number: 97
Streetmog name: Cosette
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Window sill sanctuary
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Sceptic
Other: Cosette was the first of five cats spotted within a manic few minutes, all in one block of flats. She was the only one safely inside; two were having a stand off and then raced off, one vanished as soon as it had appeared, and the other one is featured below. Yes, I was a little bit excited to see so many mogs, but I was weighed down with mail and working in a pair so I couldn't drag my feet. Anyway, Cosette just sat and stared, unimpressed and perhaps a little bit puzzled by my appearance.




Streetmog number: 98
Streetmog name: Javert
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Wall
Preferred stroke: Full spine scratch
Character: Inquisitive
Other: Javert appeared all of a sudden, jumping up onto the wall, just as I'd said farewell to Cosette. He seemed very assured and proud, and was keen to know my business. He was also a most affectionate ginger who loved to be fussed over.





Streetmog number: 99
Streetmog name: Jean Valjean
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Window ledge & rosemary bush (although he clearly wanted in)
Preferred stroke: Head & chin rub
Character: Sop-bag
Other: Jean Valjean was spotted a while after the other mogs, on a nice quiet street near Wimbledon Park. He was one of the most vocal mogs I've met, miaowing like a good 'un as I approached his front door. He wasn't sure at first, but with some encouragement he jumped down from his window ledge and came over to say hello. He was an affectionate, soppy and very handsome mog and it was lovely to make his acquaintance at the end of a long day. And no, he wasn't being pursued by Javert.






No comments:

Post a Comment