Friday 2 May 2014

More Mogs for May

Four more moggles for your amusement...

Streetmog number: 318
Streetmog name: Hoskins
Actual name:
Location: Garden path/bush
Preferred stroke: Back rub
Character: Tired yet contented old sop
Other: This lovely old fellow was curled up under a verdant bush when I arrived but my camera wasn't behaving and I missed the shot. By the time I'd sorted it, he'd awoken from his slumber. He made a sterling effort to come and say hello and we enjoyed a bit of fussing. He then beckoned me into his porch - we all know why; sorry old chap, I can't let you in, so why not return to your bush bed? He probably did just that.





Streetmog number: 319
Streetmog name:
Actual name: Fatty
Location: Molly's house
Preferred stroke: Head rub
Character: Bully bossy boots
Other: Firstly, I should make it very clear that this cheeky mogrel is indeed called Fatty, as per his collar tag. This made me chuckle, not least because he isn't even fat. Fatty was having a little showdown with the timid Molly (who I met a while back, no. 161) and I assumed they lived together. However, as I walked on, Fatty joined me two doors down and miaowed to be let in to his own house. He'd been acting like he owned the previous place. Poor Molly. Cheeky Fatty! Bless them both.





Back away from the door. Even though it's your house not mine.

Streetmog number: 320
Streetmog name: Managua
Actual name:
Location: Pavement
Preferred stroke: Neck scrunch
Character: Playful kiddy cat
Other: Managua was a beautiful young thing who appeared form nowhere and was happy to play and be petted. She was very distracted by leaves, insects and bits of rubbish...







Streetmog number: 321
Streetmog name: Bunny
Actual name:
Location: Back yard
Preferred stroke:
Character: Skittish
Other: This tail-less wonder was enjoying some company with a local resident, with whom I got talking (and who had called the mog Bunny, so the name shall remain). Not much is known about this sweet cat, apart from the fact that 1. it doesn't like the above resident's dog and 2. it lives next door and 3. it's very shy. We guessed that it might have had a tough life, but it appears to have a happy home now, so all's well.


And finally...it was quite a puss-prolific day in this area of South Wimbledon and, in addition to the above newbies, I met some old friends:

Rolo, not asleep on his shed roof this time:



Paintball, still a scaredy puss on this, her third streetmog appearance:


and the adorable Katy Purry (whose owner I met and found out that, surprisingly, she is not called Katy Purry but is the lovely Lolly).


That's your lot for now, streetmog followers...

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you back catman

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to have you back. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and really like it. It's such a novel and simple idea, and it works beautifully. You have some great shots of lovely cats really showing them as they are. This is a little bit of cultural history here I think.

    Your use of the word "mogrel" for Fatty is interesting. My Dad used to call cats "muggerels" and one other person I met in life also used the word. That person thought he made the word up, but I wonder if this word crops up amongst cat loving folks around the world?

    I will be back!

    Luff Mungo (muggerel)
    Jane - The Ape :)

    ReplyDelete