Wednesday 27 March 2013

Quatre black chats

It was one of those days when I wasn't really expecting to see any streetmogs and then, like buses (but certainly not trains) they all came at once. All four felines were spotted during a purple patch of about 15 minutes. The fact that the three black ones looked so alike was a tad disconcerting but they were spotted in different places and so were most definitely different mogs.

Streetmog number: 138
Streetmog name: Phantom
Actual name:
Favourite Location: car park
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Flighty
Other: Phantom was the first of three remarkably similar black mogs and I admit that it's getting hard to name them. This chap appeared while I was sat in the little red van just after a parcel drop and he stared at me for a moment before heading away. There was no way he was going to hang around and wait for me to get out for a closer look so I grabbed my chance, and photo, from the warm interior of said van.



















Streetmog number: 139
Streetmog name: Boss
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Window sill
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Winsome
Other: Boss appeared a little boss-eyed which made him all the more endearing. Usually, when approaching an indoors cat, I am met with surprise, stillness and indifference. This handsome fellow was happy to move sills to get closer and say hello, however, and his loud miaow was audible through the window. I think he was hoping that I was owner-arrived-home and that feeding time was upon him. Sorry Boss, you'll have to wait for your munchies.



Streetmog number: 140
Streetmog name: Elvira
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Crazy paving
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Explorer
Other: Elvira was a beautiful, shaggy and rotund puss. She was blissfully unaware of my presence as she sniffed around the front garden. I did try and beckon her over but she was having none of it. Not really a day for sociable mogs. I think they've been house-ridden due to the foul weather and as such have far more important things to do than interact with a daft postman.




Streetmog number: 141
Streetmog name: Velvetine
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Indoors, if possible
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Impatient
Other: Velvetine was extremely affectionate and persistent with her leg weaving and head butts, but I accept that this was only because she was keen to get inside. After a quick but of fussing, Mrs Owner answered the door to get her parcel, the mog shot in, and that was that. I didn't strike up a conversation, ask her real name, nor even admit to having taken some photos, as Mrs Owner was on the phone at the time.






7 comments:

  1. LOVE the names, even as i read you had 3 black cats to share, i was wondering how you'd come up with names :)

    gorgeous kitties as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have been inspired...or trawled the web for ideas ;)I need to come up with a new plan for being creative re. the names!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! Some ideas for you - Dusky, Dinky, Petal... I'm out of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Watch out for a Dusky coming to streetmogs soon :)

      Delete
  3. I met a cat called Brian the other day - a fine name for a cat methinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wanted to call my cat David, or Neil, or Chris - very human names that sit badly with cats!

      Delete