Wednesday 4 September 2013

Seventh pushtie heaven

Seven superb specimens of the feline variety for your streetmog pleasure, six of which made an appearance during one very productive period of cat collecting on what was a perfect, warm and sunny English day; they were out in numbers in a leafy and peaceful area of Wimbledon which can always be counted on to come up with the moggy goods.

Streetmog number: 237
Streetmog name: Rajah
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Pathway and water works
Preferred stroke: Head tickle
Character: ADHD
Other: Rajah was all energy. He appeared from over a garden fence, came up to say hello (sniff the mail) and then sped off to explore the waterworks across the way. A friendly resident informed me that he's always sniffing around and teasing treats out of the local cat lovers. How could anyone resist this little tiger?



Streetmog number: 238
Streetmog name:
Actual name: Bolt
Favourite Location: Pavement
Preferred stroke: Everything
Character: Exhibitionist
Other: Bolt was a bolt from the British blue, sauntering right up to me to purr a loud hello and flaunt his bold beauty. He was irresistibly gorgeous, and some top rate fussing was enjoyed. From reading his tag I learned that this wasn't his street, but that he lived close by and would no doubt be heading home soon for some loving and a hearty dinner.





Streetmog number: 239
Streetmog name: Boo Radley
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Foliage
Preferred stroke:
Character: Reclusive
Other: It was a lovely surprise to spot a pair of yellow eyes peering out at me from the undergrowth, but this timid little thing would let me get no closer. I was sure that I'd seen him before (Timmy), but on comparing photos it's clear that this nervy kitty, although in the same garden and with similar markings, is a different cat indeed. They must be brothers and if so they're both adorable little skits.




Timmy:




















Streetmog number: 240
Streetmog name: Snuffaluffagus
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Sun strewn door mat
Preferred stroke: Back rub
Character: Floozy
Other: This beautiful long haired tabby was in kitty heaven, sunning herself on the doormat and not at all bothered by my presence. Indeed, as the photos show, she was quite happy to expose that deliciously fluffy tum for some good old rubbing. And no biting nor back leg thrusting either!




Streetmog number: 241
Streetmog name: Atticus
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Garden patio
Preferred stroke: Back scrunch
Character: Laid back
Other: I was being spoiled with the amount, variety and top notch quality of mogs that continued to pop up on my round today. This leonine stunner was, like the previous cat, not at all fazed by my presence and allowed me to come over and administer some top rate fussing.




Streetmog number: 242
Streetmog name: Nutmeg
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Driveway
Preferred stroke: Anything
Character: Cheeky
Other: Nutmeg actually ran over to me - she was that keen on a meeting & greeting and a whole lot of loving & fussing! To be honest, she didn't really know what she wanted, other than to display her tum and roll around on the drive way. She allowed me a little bit of petting but was incapable of staying still for more than a few seconds; in fact, it felt like she was almost teasing me. Cheeky puss.





Streetmog number: 243
Streetmog name: Katy Purry
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Assorted junk bed
Preferred stroke:
Character: Timid scaredy
Other: Katy Purry was the sweetest softest fluffy gingerwhite tortie and I would have loved to have shown her some kitty love, but unfortunately her nerves got the better of her and she upped and left before I could win her over. Her loss, and mine.
















And finally...

...there was one more cat out and about, but this chap I had met before. Boss was stuck inside on the previous occasion, so he deserves this second posting:



And here he is from the previous encounter:

 





4 comments:

  1. Amazing - one of my school friends had a cat called Nutmeg, who was a very similar tortie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Cant believe I hadn't called one Nutmeg yet. Lots of spice names to come, me thinks...!

      Delete
  2. Spooky! Earlier today I decided to name my next cat Atticus and then unread this! I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I love all given names. As always, it made my day. I always struggle to name my cat.

    ReplyDelete