Tuesday 3 June 2014

Four More

It's been a little while since the last posted batch of mogs, but this doesn't mean there haven't been any...

Streetmog number: 329
Streetmog name:
Actual name: Lara
Location: Front yard
Preferred stroke: Chin tickle
Character: Nosey
Other: Lara's tag told me her name. She was a sweet thing, trotting out from her enclosed terraced garden to come and say hello. I was more interested in her long haired sibling, but she was evasive. Maybe next time.


Streetmog number: 330
Streetmog name: Deep Space
Actual name:
Location: Door mat
Preferred stroke: Head rub
Character: Fed up
Other: Deep Space was friendly enough but he had ulterior motives, specifically to be let in. He had a face of thunder when he realised I could not carry out his request, which brought a smile to my face. What a look!



Are you kidding me?

Streetmog number: 331
Streetmog name: Belvedere
Actual name:
Location: Walkway
Preferred stroke: Anything
Character: Strumpet
Other: Belvedere was a beautiful, smooth & stocky specimen, who was also without tail. He was outrageously affectionate and followed me along to the next flat for some more fussing. He also had a most delightful purr and miaow. Lovely to meet you, sir. although I think you are probably a lady...




Streetmog number: 332
Streetmog name: Loquat C
Actual name:
Location: Pavement
Preferred stroke: Under ear scrunch
Character: Cool customer
Other: The handsome Loquat C was sat majestically au plein pavement and, although he seemed a bit nervous when I approached, he held his ground and allowed me to lay on some chin-rub love. Once assured that I posed no threat, he flopped himself down for a rest.






p.s. Having stripped this blog back to basics (no ads, no links etc.), regular followers might have noticed that @streetmogs on twitter no longer exists, nor does the Streetmogs Fakebook page. It was all a bit much - and a bit unnecessary. I only used twitter to get the blog out there and draw attention to new posts; in all honesty, I thoroughly dislike it and all of its self-promoting, self-validating narcissism, as well as it being a vehicle for many people to simply vent and moan. It seems to bring out the worst in us and it's something I can happily live without. The blog lives on, however.

7 comments:

  1. Great to have you and your furry friends back again. They never fail to brighten my day. I'm sorry you stopped your Facebook account as it used to notify me when you had a new post, but never mind. Quite understandable. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping the site going. I still enjoy having a peep and soaking up some yummy meowness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the cats are very keen on your bobbly gloves, they must give a very good sensation around the feline chops.

    Deep Space's expression says it all. You failed him.

    Glad you are keeping the blog going, not discovered it long ago. It's a unique take on cats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ginger boy is my cat he went missing from Haydons rd for two weeks and ended up at holy trinity church he must have been hungry I am surprised he didn't follow you his name is Josias and is 18 yrs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Sorry :( I've just lost the drive for mogs-at-work at the mo, just too darn busy! I'm also leaving soon & beginning a new career so the blog will definitely come to a close. I'll try and get one last post in though, and end up with a nice 333 mogs!

      Delete
  6. Arh well thanks so much for sharing so many lovely maus with us and so eloquently too.
    Best of luck in your new venture.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete