Saturday 11 May 2013

Feline Five

It's been a week since the last post and that just won't do. Time seems to race by these days, and I'm never sure if that's a good thing or not. Here are five lovely mogs from the week's labours. It wasn't the most productive week for cat spotting, due in part to a heavy workload but mostly due to the unseasonal squalls that have been ripping through the home counties. Cats don't like squalls. But cats do like fussing. Read on...

Streetmog number: 178
Streetmog name: Hersheys
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Driveway
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Sit-offish
Other: Hersheys was a funny old bean. He just sat there unmoved by, and uninterested in, my presence. I tried to get nearer, with care and caution, but I just knew that if I got too close he would bolt it. And he did. He was a gorgeous fellow though. I particularly liked his expression and his almost cross-legged stance.




Streetmog number: 179
Streetmog name: Raven
Actual name: n/a
Favourite Location: Driveway
Preferred stroke: All of it
Character: Tart
Other: Raven was a tart. She knew what she wanted, she went for it, and she got it. End of.





Streetmog number: 180
Streetmog name: Tres cuartos
Actual name: n/a
Favourite Location: Porch
Preferred stroke: Side head scrunch
Character: Trusting
Other: Oh man, cat-o-three-legs melted me. I know, he doesn't need sympathy but he broke my postie heart when he hopped over to say hello. He desperately wanted to be let in, a wish I could not fulfill, but I dropped the mailbag and showed him some serious love. Tres cuartos, you have tres cuartos of my corazon.




Why won't you let me in, Mr Postman?

Streetmog number: 181
Streetmog name: Jason
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Shrubbery
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Indifferent
Other: Jason was just not feeling it. Nor was I. A big security fence separated us, and I didn't have the time nor inclination to attempt a closer reunion, so this was all I got. In retrospect, he was a beautiful kitteh and I would be glad to make his reacquaintance one day soon.




Streetmog number: 182
Streetmog name: Pirate
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Street & pavement
Preferred stroke: Back stroke
Character: Demanding
Other: Pirate gave me a scare when he trotted across the road without a care in the world, nor attention to any potential traffic, to say hi. Luckily the street was quiet, thank goodness. He was very vocal and full of energy, weaving around my legs and being pretty insistent that I administer some nice strokes and cuddles. And how could I resist?





2 comments: