Monday 18 March 2013

The moggles of Wimbledon Common are we

I was cranky crap tired this morning. And I thought that cycling in at 6:00 a.m. would wake me up and clear my head, but the biting wind, pot-holes and idiot inconsiderates in their 4 by 4's didn't do much to put me on an even keel. However, my luck changed as I found myself assigned to a favourite duty up at the wonderful and now very much cherished Wimbledon Common.


Even in the drizzle, or perhaps especially in the drizzle, the place is a beautiful, serene escape from the hustle and bustle of nearby suburbia. As well as the horses and golfers, I was privy to an actual Wimbledon Common tour, complete with local guide and tourists.


I was close by so eavesdropped and picked up some good historical knowledge on some of the gorgeous houses found up there. But I digress. There were two mogs on the radar today, one barely registering whilst the other was a showpiece show off:

Streetmog number: 135
Streetmog name: Puffin
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Back fences
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Antisocial timid toes
Other: It was a shame that Puffin was such a timid sort. Despite my very best attempts at enticing him over, he was one of the nerviest mogs I've met and was never going to make friends. In fact, he leaped over the fence as soon as I showed an interest. I did, however, spot him around the other side but he bolted once again. This rubbish photo doesn't show much, but this chap was of the pedigree variety. A long haired, handsome and most elegant mog.


Streetmog number: 136
Streetmog name: 
Actual name: Luna (thanks to collar tag)
Favourite Location: Wicker baskets
Preferred stroke: Upper back
Character: Frisky
Other: Luna took me quite by surprise when she appeared from behind the wicker baskets and of course I was delighted to meet such a gorgeous kitty. Those blue eyes were stunning and I loved her markings. She was very affectionate and had an endearing miaow but she couldn't keep still and soon sauntered off to explore her (very grand) driveway. This was an exclusive and beautiful cat in an exclusive and beautiful part of Wimbledon.





Oh, I'm having a bit of time off this week so there'll be no more streetmogs for a few days but they'll be back, mark my moggle words...

4 comments:

  1. Luna is very very gorgeous. that third photo speaks volumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i love cats! especially Puffin. i have a black and white cat called Jess too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame I couldn't get any closer to Puffin! Say hi to Jess for me!

      Delete
  3. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. tax advisor wimbledon

    ReplyDelete