Monday 4 February 2013

Onwards with the second century of streetmogs

After a weekend off, it was back to the postman plodding and with the appearance of some much needed sunshine, work was actually a joy. Four more moggles crossed my path today and here are their stories:


Streetmog number: 101
Streetmog name: Chico
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Sofa cushion
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Chilled bean
Other: Chico was spotted through the side window and was clearly happy to do nothing more than stay indoors, warm and snug atop his sofa cushion. Half asleep and not bothered by, nor perhaps even aware of my existence, he looks like a dream of a mog.


Streetmog number: 102
Streetmog name: Alaska
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Middle of road
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Distant
Other: Alaska appeared two or three times but was definitely en-route to somewhere else entirely and wasn't in the mood to stop for a photo, let alone receive any fussing. This was a shame, as he was a beautiful all-white, the type of which I don't often meet. I hope to run into him again and get a better shot.



Streetmog number: 103
Streetmog name:
Actual name: Heidi
Favourite Location: Front garden, in sight of open front door
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Skittish petal
Other: It's lovely when I meet a mog's owner, get chatting and learn a bit about the latest addition to the collection. This timid beauty had previously been a stray and her owner explained that she was very wary of people, but that she'd grown used to and fond of the builder. Okay then! On her advice, I didn't try and approach Heidi for fear of scaring her (off). She seemed a very sweet thing indeed and it was great to meet both the mog and her owner.



Streetmog number: 104
Streetmog name: Pad Thai
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Front porch(es) with sights set on indoors
Preferred stroke: Neck rub
Character: Manipulative tease
Other: Pad Thai was a tremendous cat and made me grin with her amusing antics. Initially, I came across her on the front porch of what I assumed to be her house. After some head butting against the plants, she was happy to be fussed over, and then moved off. A few doors down, she appeared again, this time with an insistent miaow and much leg circling...at which point I realised that this second porch was actually her house and she wanted in. I always feel guilty when I can't open the door for the mogs. Anyway, Pad Thai seemed very contented and well looked after, and I'm sure she'd be inside and doted over very soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment