Friday 9 August 2013

Moggus Augustus

Another reasonably long passage of time since the last post which probably has something to do with the numerous days off I've been enjoying recently. Mind you, I have been working here and there but the four mogs below were all spotted in one afternoon - which was today. You just never know when those pushties will appear!

Streetmog number: 231
Streetmog name: Elliot
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Fence top (wanting down)
Preferred stroke: Back rub
Character: Intense
Other: Elliot was sat atop his weather-beaten wooden fence, looking proud as pussy punch. When I put aside the post and wandered over to say hello, he came towards me with a hearty miaow and tried to find a safe way down to say hello. What a lovely and endearing mog. I proffered some top notch petting from my lower vantage point and then had to move on, for my colleague Glen was getting irritated (again) with my cat-stops. Oops. Sorry, mate.




Gotta get down, how do I get down...?!

Streetmog number: 232
Streetmog name: Prometheus
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Meter box
Preferred stroke:
Character: Wary
Other: This dark, handsome chap was rather nervy and this was as close as I could get. I could see the net curtains twitching so I took my shot, delivered the crap from Virgin Media and moved on.



Streetmog number: 233
Streetmog name: Nelson
Actual name:
Favourite Location: With human
Preferred stroke: All of it
Character: Adorable affectionate
Other: Nelson appeared from a side alley and I immediately noticed that he was one eye short of a pair. Initially, he appeared wary of me but after some classic mog enticing he decided that I was no threat and that some decent fussing could be had. Within a minute I had dumped my bag on a wall (hey, it was at the tail end of a long, hot day) and this delightful scamp had jumped onto my lap, purring for Great Britain and Gibraltar.



Yes my tongue is out, for I am deliriously happy
Streetmog number: 234
Streetmog name: Barbie
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Rather dangerous fence top
Preferred stroke: Chin tickle
Character: Unperturbed
Other: I was drawn to this communal bag garden by the unmistakable sound of caterwauling and sure enough, a stand-off between a tabby and a black & whitie was ongoing but thankfully the screeching and potential scrapping was not. Tabby cat ran off as I approached and so she won't feature as a named & numbered streetmog. Barbie, however, was vociferous and so I wandered over for a meet and greet. I was worried that she might be stuck in the horrible and very unnecessary barbed wire that someone had deemed sensible to run across the top of the fence, but she seemed fine and was actually happily scratching herself against the barbs. Just be careful, mog, that stuff's nasty!






1 comment:

  1. Ohhh Nelson!..baby.... I.Am.All.Yours!
    You beauty you x

    ReplyDelete