Tuesday 30 April 2013

Monday Monday (so good to mogs)

Although today is Tuesday, yesterday was Monday, and here are some cats:

Streetmog number: 167
Streetmog name: Colobus Colliers
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Side alley & back alley
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Major skit
Other: Colobus Colliers reminded me of the monkey of the genus of the same name, hence the name, obviously. Unfortunately I never got close enough to take a decent pic but this mog's face was adorable and his pitiful miaow tugged at the strings of my kitty-soft heart. He jumped up and over the fence as I approached and wouldn't come back to say hello, despite my very best attempts.



Streetmog number: 168
Streetmog name: Porsche
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Car park, under cars
Preferred stroke: Head tickle
Character: Wary but friendly
Other: Porsche was a sleek black cat who wasn't initially sure if she wanted to befriend me. In fact, I nearly scared her off when my mailbag fell off my shoulder but she gathered herself and headed on over for some petting.




Streetmog number: 169
Streetmog name: Spectre
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Garages
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Scaredy cat
Other: Spectre appeared and then vanished within seconds. He was never going to let me get any closer which was a shame as I liked his pure black tail on mostly white body. I'm sure he's a lovely mog but he's certainly not one for befriending strangers - and that's his cat right.


Streetmog number: 170
Streetmog name: Primrose
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Back alley
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Timid toes
Other: Aw, Primrose, you cute little spring flower. This adorable kitty could well have been a stray as she seemed very thin and appeared to have an issue with one of her eyes. I was very soft in my approach and very nearly got to give her a hello-stroke but she bolted for the undergrowth as I reached out to her. Poor little mite.




Streetmog number: 171
Streetmog name: Plato
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Front path
Preferred stroke: Chin tickle
Character: Confident muse
Other: Plato was a cracking cat with which to end our collection for the day. He barely twitched a whisker as I approached nor when I leaned over the fence to take my photographs. He just sat and stared at me. I think he was day dreaming or feline philosophising in the spring sunshine, as one does. Anyway, he was not afraid of the silly postman and was receptive to some excellent fussing.



And finally...

...I see quite a few cat related posters and this one just had to be shared. I don't think I've met this roaming mucky mog yet!


5 comments:

  1. An excellent selection today sir! I love the pic of Porche walking towards you... what a beauty she is, all sultry and feline.... and darling, cross-eyed Primrose oh bless her, I just want to scoop her up and "fix everything" for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, she killed me with that little face :( :)

      Delete
  2. All the cats were lovely and little primrose was a heartbreaker. I do hope she isn't a stray as she did look skinny. She didn't seem in pain with her eye so hopefully it's nothing serious. Would Cats Protection be of any help? Take care and thanks so much for the lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curious. Did none of my messages come through yesterday.

      Delete
    2. @ Banaltra, I think she was fine! If I really thought a cat was in trouble I'd contact the Wimbledon branch of the RSPCA.
      @ Judy, yes, but on a different post!

      Delete