Monday 22 April 2013

Six pack of pussies

I took on two whole rounds today, trudging the streets for over five and a half hours in various locations around South Wimbledon and Colliers Wood. It was knackering. I am knackered. One plus to this ridiculous and excessive amount of work was the increased chance of more streetmog sightings, and they didn't disappoint. In fact, I have worked out that I saw eleven cats today, six of which are new and featured below, two of which I'd seen before and mention again (also below), two of which I'd seen before but won't be commenting on, and one elusive long haired stunner who I'll have to look out for another time. The warmer weather is definitely bringing the felines out in force and I'm sure that the first summer since Streetmogs began will produce a plethora of pussies.

Streetmog number: 156
Streetmog name: Rolo
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Warm shed roof
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Indifferent
Other: Rolo was the first mog of the day, found sunning his brown sugar soft self on top of a garden shed. He was actually beyond a fence so I couldn't get any closer but with the huge work load on my plate (shoulder) I couldn't really be stopping for long so these rubbish pics did the job. He seemed a nice cat, not bothered by me, not bothered by much.


Streetmog number: 157
Streetmog name: Willow
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Garden wall
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Nervy
Other: Willow (a recently suggested name and also the street where she happened to be) walked across in front of me as I sat in the van having a drink. I was about to drive off to another area so just grabbed this photo through the window. I have a feeling she wouldn't have let me get close anyway as she seemed a nervy tabby soul. I love tabby cats and they'll always remind me of my first cat Ricky.


Streetmog number: 158
Streetmog name: Hudson
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Car park
Preferred stroke: Back rub
Character: Playful affectionado
Other: Hudson shot out from under a parked van and was very keen to interact. He had lots to say (his miaowing and purring were joyous) and he was up for some serious fussing in the sun. It was a great moment of mog meeting & greeting.



Streetmog number: 159
Streetmog name: Bashri
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Under cars
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Bashful
Other: Bashri led me a merry dance, the cheeky kitteh. As I worked my way up the road, I tried to get closer to her quite a few times as she kept reappearing but she always kept her distance and didn't seem interested in befriending the postie. I think she might actually have been stalking me.


Streetmog number: 160
Streetmog name: Rocky
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Pots 'n' paving
Preferred stroke: Head tickle
Character: Effervescent
Other: This cute little tortoiseshell never kept still for one moment and as a result it was hard to get some decent petting in nor get a decent photo. She was lovely, though. Full of beans, she never seemed to know quite what she wanted.




Streetmog number: 161
Streetmog name:
Actual name: Molly
Favourite Location:
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Nervy
Other: Molly's tag gave her name away and I think it suits her. She's a mog doll, so beautiful with her original markings and gorgeous fluff. She was happy to say hello but was very nervy, despite my best attempts at pro cat whispering. I did manage one little stroke before she went to sit under a bush.




And finally...

...We meet again two lovely mogs from previous posts. First, let me reintroduce Patches who continues to be an exceedingly sociable and friendly little thing. As soon as she saw me and heard my 'cat attracting noises', she confidently strolled down the street towards me:






Paintball (last seen in this wintry post,) was more or less sat in exactly the same place as before. She seemed less nervous this time, and let me get a bit closer, but when I went in for the pet pet she was off again.


2 comments: