Monday 30 September 2013

Quarter Chiliad of Cat

Despite a persistent inner melancholy due to a lack of Abraham Lincoln Pushtie Cat, life continues and this means that Streetmogs continues. The first three cats were spotted in Colliers Wood, whilst the 250th is from the mog-rich Merton Park area where I will be spending the majority of my Royal Mail working week, so expect plenty more pussy action.

Streetmog number: 247
Streetmog name: Chatsworth
Actual name:
Favourite Location: At the gate
Preferred stroke: Chin tickle
Character: Nonplussed
Other: This handsome and regal puss did not initially seem interested in me but he soon got past his indifference when I laid on the kitty love. As I wandered off he remained in the same place, guarding his manor with pride.

Please leave my manor
 

Streetmog number: 248
Streetmog name: Warren
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Pavement & bush
Preferred stroke:
Character: Tease
Other: I spotted this cheeky tabby from quite a distance but whenever I got a few houses closer, he moved off. He seemed unsure whether he should wait up for me or hot paw it into a garden when I got too close...and he chose the latter.


Streetmog number: 249
Streetmog name: Dizzee Rascal
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Pavement
Preferred stroke: Upper back rub
Character: Loopy
Other: This gorgeous bag of scraggle appeared from nowhere and my day was that little bit better as a result. I mean, it's not often you meet a cat of this ilk. I don't think his eyes were actually as boss as they appear in the photo but he did seem to be going grey - another one of his endearing features - as well as being slightly nuts.





Streetmog number: 250
Streetmog name: Crumpet
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Door step
Preferred stroke:  Anything she can get
Character: Strumpet
Other: Another milestone for Streetmogs, the 250th kitty. Much like the 100th and 200th felines, Crumpet is a special one. She was a right sort, miaowing for attention as if one of her nine lives depended on it. When I first spotted her, she was sat atop the family Volvo but she soon jumped down to say hello and pester me to let her in. With blue eyes like that (and awesome white paws) she could get anything she wants but I'm sorry, crumpet darling, I can't let you in.


If you won't let me in, sir, I shall turn my tail on you


1 comment:

  1. Bless you for bringing us kitty delight when you are feeling so hollow and missing your furry boy. I adore Miss 250 and the dear boss-eyed fella made me laugh out loud drawing my kids to come and see what I was cackling about. :-)

    ReplyDelete